Thursday, July 19, 2007

How Fast They Grow Up!




















I can't believe our grandson, Corson, will be starting school this fall - it seems like only yesterday we were waiting for him to start walking. He is only 3 1/2 years old, but he's VERY tall and looks more like 5-6. Two weeks ago, Corson got his first two wheel bike with training wheels. I love the way it came about.

My parents used to collect Canadian Tire money and save it for something special they wanted. After my parents died, we found a stack of it they had saved and my daughter asked for it. That was almost 7 years ago and I thought she had spent it long ago, but she hadn't. Our son-in-law asked what I thought of using it to buy Corson his first bike. We were all touched - it was a great idea and a wonderful way to remember them and include them in such a special occasion, long after they were gone. Corson loves his bike and the fact he is officially a "big boy"!

No comments: