Friday, May 11, 2012

FUN IN LANCASTER

We just got back from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, again!  We love the area and this time I stumbled on a weekend of antique market extravaganzas.  I was so lucky and found some fabulous treasures - clothes and sweaters to dress my bears :o)  Here's a quick peek and I'll be back in a few days with more pictures of the area and our trip.  :o)

  
Sweet wool jacket and matching blanket, baby's romper outfit

Gorgeous baby dresses

  
Not sure I can cut this one up

Collection of goodies

 Boys hat and coat and baby sweaters

More gorgeous baby dresses  


 
Pretty blue dress

Lovely old lace

More baby dresses

 Tiny crocheted doll bonnet and vintage purses

Small mohair tiger - perhaps English?

 My new Forget- Me Not bear, Estelle

                                                                Estelle loves her new friend :o)

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow Brenda, you hit the jackpot!! Your bears are going to look adorable dressed in these vintage clothes.

Lynn

Brenda said...

Thanks. Lynn - I can't wait :o)

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Wonderful finds. I am looking forward to more pictures. Every year when you post them I take my time and look. I will always love PA. Many of the reasons are for the treasures that you have found. It is just too new out here to find the wonderful old things. I do so miss the flea markets with the antiques.

Brenda said...

Thanks, Joanne. We never tire of this part of the U.S. There are so many historical things to see, as well as the antiques. :o)