Monday, December 3, 2012

NIKLAS THE SANTA BEAR

I have had fun, making a sweet Santa bear, Niklas.  I love making themed bears and white/cream bears are one of my favourites.  I hope you enjoy the pictures,

Niklas is 6 1/3 inches tall, made from semi distressed creamy white, German Mohair, that has been gently aged so he is missing tiny spots of fur.  He is fully disc jointed, stuffed firmly with traditional excelsior and gently aged with stainless steel shot.  He has a waxed nose, German glass eyes and shading with permanent fabric dye on his eyes nose, ears and paws.  Niklas's paw pads are made from wool felt and have also been distress, so bits of excelsior show throw through, to add to his vintage style.

Niklas wears a Santa hat, made from antique red mohair and trimmed with denser white mohair.  It is held on my elastic and is removable. He comes with the picture of old St Nicholas mounted on basswood and decorated with glitter.   Niklas is an original design, made by me, Brenda Power.  He will come with a signed hang tag and is a collectible, not meant for children.

Shipping for Niklas is $15.00 by UPS to most places in North America.  Shipping to Europe is $15.00 by Small Packet Air and comes with $100.00 insurance.  Customers from other countries, pleas email me for a shipping quote.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me. Thanks for taking time to stop by for a peek!
SOLD

4 comments:

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

I love him Brenda, he face has a very gentle expression, and I love how you have aged this mohair. It looks old and loved and just right.

Brenda said...

Aww, thanks, Joanne. Your comments mean a lot to me - I love your bears. too!

hugs,

Brenda

customteddys said...

He is beautiful, Brenda, as is his buddy listed above. Merry Christmas to you and all your bears, from me and all of mine!

Brenda said...

Thank you, Vicki! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family :o)