Monday, January 27, 2014

FIRST WEE BEAR OF THE NEW YEAR - CAPTAIN BARNABAS AND HIS SWAN

I don't do many tiny bears anymore - my hands won't let me, but every once in a while I get the urge and I just have to make one.  This is Captain Barnabas and his Swan Rocker.  Captain Barnabas is 3 1/4 inches tall and made from cream mini German mohair and he is a centre seam bear.  He is fully disc-jointed, with German glass amber eyes, and a sparse waxed nose.  Captain Barnabas is aged and distressed to look like an old bear and is stuffed with excelsior and steel shot.  He wears a hand-dyed,  black cotton sailor jacket that has also been aged and distressed - it is removable.

The swan rocker is hand made from basswood, carefully assembled and has been aged, to look like an antique.  It has German glass eyes and has been finished with a very light coat of wax, to protect the wood.  The bear and swan were both designed and handmade by myself, and they will come with a signed hang-tag.  I love to emulate the toys of years gone by.  These are both collectibles and not suitable for children.  If you have any questions about this set, please don't hesitate to email me.  I hope you enjoy looking a the pictures and thanks for stopping by!

**PLEASE NOTE,  SHIPPING BY UPS TO MOST PLACES IN NORTH AMERICA WILL NOW BE $20.00 AS THE RATES INCREASED IN JANUARY.  MAIL TO EUROPE WILL REMAIN AT $15.00.**

SOLD

2 comments:

houstonhorses@gmail.com said...

I Love this little guy He's incredible. Great job.

Brenda said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comment. I appreciate your taking time to post.:)

Brenda